After the disappointment of our ‘summer’, we begin to watch the evenings close in with a shiver… However, we here at B+B LOVE the autumn, and here’s why:
- Season of mists… Is any season more atmospheric? Shrug up your collar, pull down the brim of your hat and play at Sherlock Holmes.
- Yes, you chaps in the US do Hallowe’en much better than us Brits. However, remember that we have the 5th November, and this is an event with FIRE. Penny for the guy, Guv’nor?
- They’re everywhere, including on the tracks and cluttering up gardens… But who doesn’t love jumping into a pile of leaves and giving them a good old kick!
- The weather. Hear me out. Cold, crisp mornings and sunsets that bask the country in a beautiful orange glow. Where better to indulge than gazing across Edinburgh’s dramatic skyline?
- Gingerbread lattes. And mulled wine. And hearty stews. Forget summer’s sparkling water and salads – Autumn is all about hearty fare.
- Christmas shopping. People may groan when they hear the Selfridges opened their Christmas shop in July, but how many of us secret relish this opportunity for a bit of retail therapy… And shopper’s guilt? Banished – it’s all for other people.
- And while we’re on the subject, from 20th November Edinburgh flings open the doors to its festive markets. Not only can you visit the romantic Scottish and traditional European markets, there is also a magical Children’s market opening at Santa Land.
So how about it? Cobbled streets, secret bars, plenty of warming whisky… Edinburgh is waiting to beat the end-of-summer blues. If you are planning a jaunt to one of the most exciting cities in Europe, book at B+B Edinburgh for 2 nights or more and receive 20% off your stay. Contact the hotel directly, or book online. Subject to availability, T&Cs apply.